2GRFE and the Infamous DQ250.... What's the deal? pt5
Alright this is the biggest update yet. I left the last blog post as a bunch of "here's to come non-sense." Well we accomplished a lot.
Let us start with the engine mounts.
The driver mount went from 3D printed trial fitment to a beautiful machined piece with Frankenstein Motorwork's rubber isolator. It came out perfect.
And the fitment is top notch. This turned out really nice.
And on the topic of mounts, we have the rear mount which turned into a bent steel plate with some welding. Simple, but works great. It uses any SW20 turbo rear isolator.
The front is going through some design phase right now. I am deciding if I want to make the front the same was as the rear or make machined parts for it.
Okay so now that its all mounted.. we need to make the axles. This was another incredibly difficult task. The intermediate shaft has been nearly finalized and the intention with this design was to allow anyone to go to DSS and get some axles made (or any shaft company since it uses SW20 outers and GTI (left) and Integra (right) inners) but the lead time for DSS is so long that I wanted another option.
So here we go... some axles.
This was no easy feat. From left to right it uses: EF outer CV hub, 930 CV joint, 930 28 spline axle bars (custom sized), 930 CV joint, EF 930 to 27 Honda spline hub, EF intermediate shaft.
The outer 930 CV stubs are a new part I made that allows the 30 spline turbo hub (v6 Camry too) to bolt directly to any 930 CV. A few adjustments to this piece for the production unit but its will work as is!
And for the other side, the Honda spline to 930 adapter.
And lastly, the bearing carrier to hold it together.
We also have a new flywheel and adapter plate. Its about 11.5lbs and the adapter plate has been updated for some of the issues I found prototyping.
So with all that being said, stay tuned for the next update!